Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Wire Harness Junction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Wire Harness Junction

I need to replace the rear wire harness (tail lights, license plate light, etc.) in my Sky Hawk. I'm HOPING that the wiring connection isn't inside the frame. If it is, I have NO idea how to get to it. Any thoughts?

I believe the tail light harness runs along the left frame rail; easy to see with the car on a hoist.
    But the junction is actually located under the hood near the steering column; connecting to the harness that goes to the turn signal harness coming out of the steering column under the dash, as power to the tail lights and brake lights first passes through the turn signal switch; while the license plate wire would go directly to the headlight switch.
    Last edited by rockne10; 10-08-2019, 07:49 PM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

rockne10 - Thank you SO much. The info is MUCH appreciated...

Comment

UPDATE: It seems that the rear lighting harness DOESN'T need replacement. Problem was on the steering jacket, and was resolved when I had the column modified to install the EPAS....loose connection.

Comment

Working...
        X