63 Super Hawks Frame serial no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Super Hawks Frame serial no.

A couple of weeks ago I slid up under my 63 GT (previously a parts car) to check and see if the serial numbers were still on the frame. With a little rubbing using a wire brush I found the numbers. I got the production order back today. I'm excited. Its a Super Red R2 4spd car with a Santa Ana Destination. How many Red R2 4spd GTs were there in 63?

Richard Burks
    Middle TN Chapter
    53s
    57 Transtar
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

That's a rare bird, Richard, or at least the skeleton if it's been a parts car, because if that Serial Number came back as a Super Red R2/4-speed 1963 Gran Turismo Hawk, it's one of only NINE (9) built!

I hope you have a title for that Serial Number and if not, I'd sure go about getting one pronto, regardless of the hoops through which you might have to jump. Then, if there is anything at all left of the car, it would arguably be one of the nine most desirable 1963 Studebakers to restore, Avantis excepted.

Good score; congratulations. (The banging you hear just north of central TN, in southwest OH, is Nelson Bove's head, where he is pounding it on the wall for not having found the car first![:0][}]) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, that is a rare one for sure. I'm not banging my head though Bob.... I don't need another......did I say that?
      I am curious though, did that car come from Texas, near Sherman?

Comment

The car has been in Middle TN for at least 20 years. I don't know if it was ever in Texas, although it could have been on it's way here. Where are the other 8? Where were they originally shipped to? Do you have them Nelson?
        The original engine has not been with the car for years and many parts are missing from it. However it is very solid. Good torque boxes and nice front fenders.
        Thanks for all the input.

Richard Burks
        Middle TN Chapter
        53s
        57 Transtar
        63 GT
        My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
        sigpic

Comment

I was told there were only 160 (R2 4 speed GT Hawks) produced in 1963.

My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X