Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

horn repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: horn repair

The horns on my 64 Super Hawk R1 died; also I am passed the warranty which is always annoying. So, does any of the members know who repairs them? I have an older business card from THE HORN SHOP in Rome N.Y. So far no return calls or answers.
    In advance, thanks again for the assistance
    Mark
    Last edited by showbizkid; 09-20-2019, 11:13 AM.

Are you sure it's the horns and not something else? If both horns quit at the same time I'd suspect either the switch or the relay. Test the horn by running a wire directly from the pos. terminal of the battery to the horn.

Comment

thx rbisacca, yes I ran lines directly to each horn. prior to this I did replace both the relay and switch. In the meantime, I ordered replacement horns from S.I. installed them and honk, honk, honk. Horns work. though they are rather generic and have many adaptors for variouses and cars they are LOUD and will allow me to signal those fools who choose to drive through stop signs, yield and red lights.
      Mark

Comment

We usually do not beep the horns very often. The contacts become glazed and do not conduct electricity. I've had good luck cleaning contacts with 600 sandpaper and simply adjusting the horn--that's what that screw is for on the underside of the horn. Simply turn it til you get a nice dependable beep,

Comment

I live in Rome if I can assist you in any way let me know.

Comment

bill matwijec, thanks a lot, the contact is............THE HORN SHOP.... contact is Bill Randall 7129 Rome-Oriskany Road, Rome NY 13440 315-336-8841
            I left 2 voice mails today without a reply. Dave Thibeault also suggested I contact him. Im not sure if he is still at that address or still in business. His business card is a few years old as I remember picking up his card at the last York show for Studebakers
            thanks a lot and I appreciate your assistance
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mch View Post
              bill matwijec, thanks a lot, the contact is............THE HORN SHOP.... contact is Bill Randall 7129 Rome-Oriskany Road, Rome NY 13440 315-336-8841
              I left 2 voice mails today without a reply. Dave Thibeault also suggested I contact him. Im not sure if he is still at that address or still in business. His business card is a few years old as I remember picking up his card at the last York show for Studebakers
              thanks a lot and I appreciate your assistance
              Mark
              I believe that the prior owner/operator of The Horn Shop is deceased.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

thanks again studegary, you are correct, he passed in August as his wife returned my call today.

Comment

I have a contact for Studebaker; and ohter, horn repairs. THE HORN WORKS, 967 HACKETT STREET, BELOIT, WI 53511. The owner Gary was very informative and does work on our horns. Ill post after I get them back
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X