Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Sun visor problem on late '62 GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Sun visor problem on late '62 GT Hawk

Has anyone replaced the plastic 'extensions' that are inserted in the inside ends of late '62 and later Hawk sunvisors? I bought replacements at the Mansfield, OH International Meet, but I'm having trouble removing the old parts. Thanks, Howard
    Last edited by showbizkid; 09-18-2019, 06:07 PM.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Easy way is to just push the broken piece farther into the sunvisor. Just use a small steel punch.

Comment

I have used a an arc welding rod to put on the inside bracket and just tap out the broken piece. Works every time, and the length is just right.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try this afternoon.
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

I drill them out. Even a Chinese bit will work.

Comment

Jeffry, you win the prize, I tried tapping the broken piece in; no go, it was really stuck to the metal sleeve. Same thing trying to push it out. I made a small 'dent' in the plastic with a punch, drilled it out and cleaned out the sleeve. Pushed the new one in and I was done. Thanks Howard

Comment

Working...
            X