Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Lark 2DR / 4DR Front Floor Different or Same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Lark 2DR / 4DR Front Floor Different or Same?

I am looking at restoring a 63 Daytona convertible but the lower cowl is toasty, the windshield frame and header are fine. The guy I am getting it from has a very solid 4DR for sale on the cheap. I have "front clipped" a few cars in the day, cutting high on the "A" pillar and across the floor at a seam or where it made sense ahead of the "B" pillar. Put the two together with a new outer rocker to hide the "splice" and add strength. Not hard, just time consuming with the disassembly. The parts books do not show the floors as a service part so I have no source for info. I know the 4DR and wagons are 4" longer. I "assume" the Lark / Daytona / Cruiser floors have are the same at least up to the post
    between the front and rear doors. Can anyone confirm this?

JK
    Last edited by showbizkid; 09-17-2019, 10:38 PM.

I just can't comprehend exactly what part of the 4 Door you plan to use.
    I don't have a Convertible and a 4 Door Floor on top of each other to prove where they defer, but I do know that with the longer Front Doors on a 2 Door the "B" Pillar moves back making the "B" Pillar cutout in the floor wrong and needing patching and moving for the H/T & Convert. "B" Pillar stiffener.

But since you have the experience and a Torch, I do not see any reason why you can't cut the 4 Door floor out and use at least the front part, a Convertible will be quite different in the back seat area than a 2 Door or a 4 Door Sedan so more "Fabbing" will be required.

I am sure you know the Best Parts Car for a Convertible is always a 2 Door Hardtop, very much preferred.
    I have 3 of them here but likely WAY too far from you.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich,

The rear half and the "convertible" unique parts seem to be in fair to good condition. I agree a 2DRHT would be the best way to start but condition, cost and distance are always a factor. What is the condition and price of the hard tops you have? This would be useful to know in evaluating which way to do the car.

JK

Comment

Working...
      X