Packard engine comment in OCW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard engine comment in OCW

In the issue with the Ed Reynolds article , there is a letter in the "Sound your Horn" section regarding the Packard engine. It is in reference to a front main bearing problem.
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

quote:Originally posted by shifter4

In the issue with the Ed Reynolds article, there is a letter in the "Sound your Horn" section regarding the Packard engine. It is in reference to a front main bearing problem.
    I'm confused, but it wouldn't be the first time!

What front main bearing problem???
    Are you giving us here on the SDC Forum a "heads-up" about some little know problem [u]OR</u> are you asking if such a problem existed??? TIA

Comment

I am not pointing out a "problem ". The letter writer talks about one encountered during his employment at a manufacturer of lifters for various engines. They had a Packard engine set up on a test stand and had the problem. I thought that some here might be interested . The engines were certainly not without problems and this letter is a remembrance of an experience contemporary with the actual time of production. Chill . Read the letter.
      Bill H
      Daytona Beach
      SDC member since 1970
      Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

quote:Originally posted by shifter4

I am not pointing out a "problem ". The letter writer talks about one encountered during his employment at a manufacturer of lifters for various engines. They had a Packard engine set up on a test stand and had the problem. I thought that some here might be interested . The engines were certainly not without problems and this letter is a remembrance of an experience contemporary with the actual time of production. Chill . Read the letter.
        [)]Chill???

Of course you know what you're referring to, but how about clueing in some of the rest of us on here??? OK, which article are you referring to and can you provide us a link to it???

Again ...thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
        X