Lower ctrl arm interchange 1950 to 51 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower ctrl arm interchange 1950 to 51 Champion

I need the lower ctrl arm for a 50 Champion. Does a 1951 interchange?
    I don't think the upper does but thought the lower one might.

I'll accept correction if I'm wrong, Nels, but I can't imagine any parts of the 1950 Champion front suspension interchanging with 1951 components. [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob Palma is correct.
      The 1950 Champion has an unique front suspension.
      Nothing interchanges even the Commander was different.
      The 1951-66 suspension is closer to the 1950 Commander than Champion.
      I know i have the upper "A: arms but if you need the lower ones,I can check.
      I am going on vacation but if it can wait, I will check when I get back.
      Robert Kapteyn
      studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Do you need a left or right side lower control arm?

Comment

Need the driver's side, left, lower ctrl arm. Left as if you are sitting in the driver's seat

Comment

Just found the same problem on my 55 Commander Starliner. Those in the know state it's from a tow hook! Phil @ Fairborn is sending me a replacement. Don't want to disparage any reliable tow truck drivers, but why would someone tow it by the control arm?
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Some Yahoo, before he towed my 55 Pres with a chain around the lower control arm, had tried the same on the Sway Bar, pulled it out and bent it 30 degrees. Only the edge of the rear of the control arm was bent, and it massaged back into to shape with a brass hammer.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
              '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
              (Under Construction 564 hrs.)
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

Cuz it's easy to reach, and its got that nice inviting hole where the lower shock mount is.

Comment

Found them. Don Gay had a nos lower ctrl for $21 and the inner shaft kit for $24. Can't beat those prices.

Comment

Working...
                  X