X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator hose support

Hi all, while I was winterizing my Speedster I noticed the upper
    radiator hose just touching the power steering pulley. To fix this I just
    pushed the hose into the thermostat housing further contact problem solved, however,
    when I looked at my other Speedster there was a support hanger attached to the
    radiator shroud with 2 nuts & bolts. My real question which is factory correct
    as both have been restored at some point? No big deal just curious as to the difference.
    Jack

1955 SPEEDSTER LEMON/LIME
    1955 SPEEDSTER
    RED & WHITE

I thought that it was spot welded. But then who am I to say.

Comment

It should be spot welded, but some break off are bolted back on, some are just lost.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jedmu0940

Hi all, while I was winterizing my Speedster I noticed the upper
        radiator hose just touching the power steering pulley. To fix this I just
        pushed the hose into the thermostat housing further contact problem solved, however,
        when I looked at my other Speedster there was a support hanger attached to the
        radiator shroud with 2 nuts & bolts. My real question which is factory correct
        as both have been restored at some point? No big deal just curious as to the difference.
        Jack

1955 SPEEDSTER
        RED & WHITE
        1955 SPEEDSTER RED & WHITE
        1964 R2 GT HAWK

Comment

Thanks,Guys I guess they didin't catch the missing part at the
          Lancaster meet I don't believe it got points off for it.
          Jack

1964 R2 GT HAWK

Comment

While on the subject of the cooling systen how important are the hose
            clamps,as my older restoration has spring clips on the hoses while the other has hose clamps.
            I noticed this when comparing cars.
            Jack

1964 R2 GT HAWK

Comment

Until very recently when the judging team realized that the current batch of radiator hoses have thinner walls than the original, wire spring clamps were required as original. Since that time, the modern screw type clamps are now permitted.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
              '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
              (Under Construction 564 hrs.)
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

I think on a '55 they were attached with screws. I remember getting some unusually large (#14? I think?) sheet metal screws to attach the hook to my fan shroud. I didn't have a sample to match up, I just went on the description in the parts book. I don't know exactly what they're supposed to look like, but I used stainless pan head screws. Bought the hook NOS from SASCO, was easier than trying to track down a good used one. JDP is correct for later models though, at some point they began to be welded on. I also wrapped the hook in friction tape because I couldn't see how a rubber hose sitting directly on a metal hook could be a Good Thing(tm)

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                X