Climatizer for 50 Champion-dash mount, liquid valv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climatizer for 50 Champion-dash mount, liquid valv

I now have most of the heating and defrosting parts to install all in my 1950 Champion. I still need the dashboard mounted heater control liquid valve/thermostatic control. Anyone have one? price?

thanks,
    Jim

Defroster will work up to 55. I'd have to go look and compare the heater blower motors and other parts. Send me a email, I may be able to help out with parts.

Thanks
    1957hk7@gmail.com

Comment

If anyone comes up with the heater core, I'd take one. I can get the part number if wanted. Thanks.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

The 526611 heater control valves are unique to the 1950 cars,both Champion
        and Commanders.
        I stock these at $90.00 N.O.S. in original Studebaker boxes.
        $5.00 shipping to US addresses.
        Robert Kapteyn
        studebaker@mac.com

Comment

I was able to get some good heavy-duty aluminum 4" duct from a HVAC dealer. Much better than the original cloth duct or dryer duct.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
          Holdrege NE
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

along the same lines, I bought a similar product to use as a dryer vent at my local Big Box. I suspect it might also be suitable for a Climatizer installation - I'd already bought and installed the heavy rubber stuff from a vendor already however. For the dryer vent, it works a heck of a lot better than the typical dryer hose. (I used two elbows to hook it up, and the semi-rigid aluminum flex duct for the straight run. Really cuts down on restriction and lint buildup.) Also the expensive foil type duct tape works great for sealing up ductwork - a heck of a lot better than what is commonly known as "duct tape."

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
            X