Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting out a 63 Hawk & have a question

Hi,

I am parting out a 63 Hawk and cannot figure out how the exterior windshield trim comes off. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    Terri
    Ebay seller id: tarilyns

It should come out with the windshield. It goes around the glass b4 the windshield is installed. The shop manual suggests two people to install. You may be able to push the windshield out from the inside and the trim should stay with it.

How's the right rear fender on the hawk? I need one, but I'm in Ontario, Canada. Where are you located?

DW
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Spring Valley, WI

Comment

Yes, it comes out with the windshield. The fastest way to remove windshield is to first remove interior garnish mouldings around windshield. Then, using a sharp box cutter, and sitting in the front seat, cut off the rubber lip of the windshield seal(that folds into the interior) all the way around the windshield. You can now easily push the windshield outward from inside. Once the windshield is removed, the exterior garnish moulding can be removed from the rubber with no problem.

--pgothard

Comment

I am interested in the engine frame mounts. They should be bolted on in a 63.

David L
          David L

Comment

Working...
          X