No announcement yet.

Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a pair of khumo 205/75r15s from discount tire today. $63 ea. plus all the nonsense.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
    "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

I spoke with the owner, he said exactly what you all were saying...75s are being phased out quickly.
      So I might buy now uinstead of waiting until spring when I need them.[/font=Arial][/blue]

Tire Rack is showing 17 choices of 205 75 15

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...11&RunFlat=All

They'll probably be around a while longer.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

215-70R15's are fine on an Avanti if mounted on the proper rims - min. 6" width. Tread width is 8.48" vs 7" for the old 6.70-15 tires on 5" rims. Backspacing of the rims should be 4.0-4.25". The tires I'm using are Michelin Destiny 215-70R15's on 6" rims with 4.0" backspace. I'm using Turner brakes up front and Fairborn axles at the rear with 13/16" rear cylinders. I've put 5500 kilometers on this setup over the past 2 summers. The car rides well with no clearance issues. However, the nose of my car is not droopy like a lot of Avantis. The bottom of the front bumper should be a min. of 18" to ground on the level. BTW, I have an aversion to white wall tires. OK for a trailer queen but not a driver. Also skinny tires don't look right on an Avanti, in my opinion.

Comment

P215/70R15's fit my Avanti II with no issues at all, but then an Avanti II has a bit more clearance than a Stude model. I have Cooper Cobra redlines on Magnum 500 wheels and the Turner brake conversion as well.

The only issue I've run into is the backspace between the Magnum 500's on the front and rear are slightly different...about 3/8" different. How that happened I have no idea and as far as I know the wheels are original to the car (the build sheet does say it was equipped with Magnum 500's). I only found that out recently when the tires were being rotated and all of a sudden the wheels that had been on the rear were scraping the brake calipers and had to be rotated back.

Any future tire rotations will require breaking the tires down and remounting and rebalancing them on the other rims.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Does any one know the recommended tire diameters for the 62 lark daytona hardtop?
            Denny

Comment

Working...
            X