Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specs

I have a 41 stude champion and am looking for specs on a frame or if anyone knows of a frame that would fit. also looking for to rear fenders for the same car...

What are you planning?
    Your info is too sparse to give you a quality answer.
    An S-10 Chevy pickup frame can be made to fit, but it is definitely not a slide under bolt on deal.
    There is plenty of material that can be added to a stock Stude frame to beef it up.
    More info please.
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bowherring

I have a 41 stude champion and am looking for specs on a frame or if anyone knows of a frame that would fit. also looking for to rear fenders for the same car...
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I just have the body and both front fenders. I'm trying to find a frame or some info on a frame that would fit. I have a 13 year old some and would like to have something cool for him to drive in a couple of years

Comment

I don't know much about studebakers. should have said it is a champion coupe. in very rough condition. no frame at all. just the body and front fenders and some chrome parts. just looking for a starting point where I can get some info and maybe find a few parts.

Comment

Where are you located? C and B Studebakers in So. California is being shut-down by the county and he's got lots of frames. There is a pretty good chance that he would have one that is right for the car. Unfortunately, frames are heavy and shipping is expnsive, so if you are too far from him, you may have to look elsewhere. If you are after a hot rod, there are steel frames available. You need you wheelbase and width to start with, and you will have to fabricate mounts and braces.

Comment

thanks whacker!!!! I'm in the phoenix Az area. I am trying to make it into some sort of hot rod. but the less expensive the better. another question for you. how would I tell the difference between exactly what car you have? is there a place to check years and models?

Comment

When the body was welded up, the guys in the weld shop screwed a soft metal plate to the front side of the firewall, on the passenger side of the body. The letters and numbers can reveal what you want to know. If the plate is still there, post it here and we'll decipher it for you.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
              '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
              (Under Construction 528 hrs.)
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

thanks Tom. the firewall has been chopped up quite a bit. I'll check again but I think the ID plate is history

Comment

quote:Originally posted by whacker

Where are you located? C and B Studebakers in So. California is being shut-down by the county and he's got lots of frames.
                  C and B is not in southern California...he is in northern California...San Francisco Bay Area. candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net

He is not being shut down by the county. The storage yard he is renting is being sold. The new owner wants to build housing on the site.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

does anyone know if C & B Studebaker in northern Cali is still open for business. I just get a recording that all circuits are busy.

Comment

Try calling tomorrow.
                      All the robot callers will be gone
                      Jeff[8D]

does anyone know if C & B Studebaker in northern Cali is still open for business. I just get a recording that all circuits are busy.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

nobody knows of a better number for C & B Studebakers. kind of at a lose here.

Comment

nobody knows of a better number for C & B Studebakers. kind of at a lose here.
                          Better than what?

Bob's cell phone is 510-266-2522

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                          X