Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Cold radio blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold radio blues

My old Stude radio {unlike me} refuses to work when it's cold out. By the afternoon it's working fine. It's these cold mornings that make it sleep in. It lights up and I wait for the tubes to warm up but nothing happens. Anybody else have this problem? [?]

Not with my radio

Tex E. Grier

Comment

It probably just needs a tune-up with new Capacitors and maybe some tubes or a Vibrator, probably what Tex needs too!

Nothing Dan Skidmore a Turning Wheels Radio Repair Advertiser can't fix! [^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have that exact same problem! I have found that if I just sleep really late until March, it goes away.

You might have an aged "cold" solder joint which a good electronics technician would know how to find and fix.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I wish my Studes were nice enough that my biggest problem was the radio not coming on fast enough... [)][)]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
          X