Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Fuel gage sending unit gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gage sending unit gasket

Hello, everyone.

Due to a leak, I need to replace the gasket at the gage sending unit on the fuel tank of my '62 Lark Cruiser.

Should I use any sort of gasket sealant or adhesive when installing the new gasket?

Thanks!

Tom
    Tom
    1960 Lark VIII
    1962 Lark Cruiser
    1964 Cruiser

259 - NO SEALANT OR ADHESIVE IS NECESSARY, JUST MAKE SURE THE GASKET SURFACE IS CLEAN

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I made one out of the sheets of cork from a auto or industrial supply
      No adhesive was used ,it was in the car 9yrs.with no problems & as far as I know still is.
      Be sure to disconnect the battery when working in that area to prevent possibility of sparks or KA-BOOM !

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

I made one out of the sheets of cork from a auto or industrial supply
        Same stuff I use, except mine has the 3M adhesive on one side. Cut out the gasket, punch the holes, and then peel off the paper and stick the gasket on the sending unit. Then you don't have to worry about lining the gasket up and keeping it lined up while you put the first couple of screws in.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

It'll be nice to fill up the tank without leaking fuel and stinking up the barn in the process!

Thanks again.

Tom
          Tom
          1960 Lark VIII
          1962 Lark Cruiser
          1964 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
          X