58 Packard vent system question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard vent system question

I am posting this question for a Forum member that is currently unable to post but is still able to lurk. He is known here as 101sd.Question is as follows: What is missing inside the drivers side vent in the kick panel that causes him to be able to see the left front tire? He is aware that it still needs the hose that connects to the tube to the left air intake, but he says something else appears to be missing, like some sort of panel. He says his manual does not show an exploded view of this area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Is this a Packard Hawk, Frank? Is he talking about being able to see the LF tire from inside the car? I ask because the other '58 Packards don't have the vent doors on the fenders like the earlier cars...and because of that, I really don't understand the question. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood the owner, Bob, regarding the vent doors.We are talking about a 58 4 door sedan model here. Yes, he is talking about being able to see the lf tire from inside the car Bob. Hope that clarifies things some.

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Is this a Packard Hawk, Frank? Is he talking about being able to see the LF tire from inside the car? I ask because the other '58 Packards don't have the vent doors on the fenders like the earlier cars...and because of that, I really don't understand the question. BP
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Sure, if the flex hose running to the front isn't in place.

Dwain G.
        "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

At the start of production these cars had no ventilation at all on the left side. It was added to production cars about April of 1958, and a kit was sold to retrofit earlier cars if the owners wanted a left side ventilator.
          Being an add-on, it's a pretty simple affair. I scanned the page in the body parts book, but the 'image' icon doesn't seem to be working. I can email it to you if you want.

Dwain G.
          "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

Working...
          X