Evans NPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evans NPG

Has any body tried Evans NPG super coolent?
    If so how good it it?
    I live in Florida and in the summer its hot and humid/
    I I'm thinking about tring Evans. But at $29 bucks a gallon/ I'd like some info from any body who has used it

The car I mentioned in the post about Std. Flight-O-Matics in Jet Thrust powered Larks & Hawks, the '63 R1 Rose Mist Cruiser that we did the engine rebuild on, has the Evans Super Coolant. There are a few issues:

(1) It is like purple Silicone Brake fluid in looks, and the fact that IF you do not have a really "TIGHT" system it will seek the leak.

(2) The water manifold "bleed hole" that is drilled in between the Thermostat housing area and the pump mounting area needs to be plugged, I think they have plugs for them.

(3) It uses it's own "special" cap and thermostat

(4) it has to be bleed of all air and boiled out of ALL moisture, it cannot live with any moisture at all.

James loves it, because there is not, and never will be ANY rust whatsoever!
    He also has it in his Avanti and it has worked very well in both cars, raises boiling point a lot, & will not freeze. I think it's biggest advantage is that it dissipates heat better, and faster than any other liquid suitable for coolant! [^]

It just makes you take better care of your engine and cooling system when you know you could lose $145.00 worth of coolant if you do not!
    I would not put it in a "used" engine, we put it in for him after the rebuild. The engine (cooling system) needs to be very clean, and 100% DRY!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

thanks for the reply I now will most not likly get some becuase of I have been using water and antifreeze/
      Is ther any thing else that can help cooling systems cool

Comment

All engines have been run on water/antifreeze prior to installation of the Evans Coolant, all traces of the water just needs to be removed by boiling it out, and bleeding the steam off.

Improving the cooling on a Studebaker depends on many things like: Year, Model, Engine Type, Trans Type, Shroud or not, rear axle Ratio, Fan Type, Air Cond. or not, distance of fan from radiator, type and number of rows of tubes in Radiator, water pump pulley Diameter, fan belt tension, condition of hoses (lower one includes a internal spring?) condition of belts, condition and Temp. of Thermostat, condition of Water Pump, etc, etc! [:0] And on most Studes. the cleanliness of the cooling system in the block seems to be the most neglected one of ALL!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good first hand experience by Rich.

If you don't want to spend all that money, you may want to try just water first. Plain water transfers heat (cools better) than a water/antifreeze mix.

Adding one of the "water wetter" products to the plain water, will cool even better...plus most have the rust inhibitor and water pump lubricant that you will need with plain water.

This is one I've used successfully...

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Try water wetter available from Earls Indy, and I've seen it at Advance Auto Parts too. It is used in racing applications.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

I have had good experience with water wetter type products. I think that I used to use one made by, or at least labelled as, STP.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X