Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonehead007
    replied
    I purchsed key blanks for my Hawk from SI, took them the next town over to a locksmith and the "youngster" there cut them. Fit perfectly. Find another locsmith..

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Beat me to it, Rich. I have about six of those and don't have a use for them...yet.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Great story Jeff, you got that one cured for now, but it probably is an aftermarket key, you can get the correct HURD key blank with the Studebaker logo on the handle and I don't think you'll have a problem having it cut at a locksmith with the "first cut"!

Most of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com have them.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Great story Jeff. [8D]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    There is a young Man that knows how to do this in Michigan

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    I always tell 'em to find "the old man". They are the only ones. And soon, they will be us, we gotta learn and remember.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    You gotta love it! [8D]

Great story.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• jjones
    started a topic Studebaker keys

Studebaker keys

I have been trying for the last few months to have a key made for the door lock on my M5. The problem has been that they can make the key but it won't come out if locked. Then they just give up. Well, this afternoon I stopped by a lock shop with an old timer, told him my problems, and asked him if he could make a key. His reply: [5-minute rant about *&&^%$ kids]--them &^%%$##^ Studebakers got a short hole, ya gotta grind the end off the key or it won't come out. He took off only about 1/8 inch from a standard off-the-rack key, filed the notches by hand, and it works perfect. He charged me $5.00 for two keys and called me sonny (I am 60+). Gotta love um!

Jeff

Working...
X