OD trans part interchangeability, t86 to t85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OD trans part interchangeability, t86 to t85

I have some t86 parts, and I was wondering if they are interchangable with t-85 parts.

Specifically, I have shift rods from a 53K-v8-t86/od car. Will they work with a t-85/od/short tail in a 54c v8 car?

Also, are the Solenoid and govenor the same between these trannies? What about the t-96?
    Thanks,
    Brian

54 Champion coupe
    48 Champion Convert
    54 Champion coupe
    48 Champion Convert

If the part numbers in your Stude. Chassis Parts Catalog match from one of these models to the other, you are good to go!
    With modifing and wrenching on two Studes. you DO have a set of Parts Catalogs right? The CD Rom Disc. version is only $20-25.00 at Studebaker Vendors on studebakervendors.com

I take it from your post that you already know from the forum or otherwise, that no internals are the same R-10 to R-11 O.D. or T-85 to T-86 Trans.

quote:Originally posted by 54stude

I have some t86 parts, and I was wondering if they are interchangable with t-85 parts.
    Specifically, I have shift rods from a 53K-v8-t86/od car. Will they work with a t-85/od/short tail in a 54c v8 car?
    Also, are the Solenoid and govenor the same between these trannies? What about the t-96?Thanks,Brian
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Mostly what Rich said......... with regards to the governors and solenoids - FIT, they will - physically anyways. But there's different voltages and wiring configurations across the years to contend with. You MIHGT find a cross-fit that works or not. Depends on the vintage of vehicle that the units came from.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X