Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green 53
    replied
    Vince has told me some very interesting stories. He just hasn't wanted to put them on paper. I took Nels with me a couple of years ago and we probably spent 4 or 5 hours chating. I may not have a chance to get with him before Lancaster but will when we get home.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The last Mike and I heard from Joe Vince's son, he said Andy is not very well, and not too excited about doing that. Maybe Denny will have better luck with Vince. No, this is not the first time the club has asked them! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• wagone
    replied
    Huh.................................................! I'm confused. Are you guys ACTUALLY suggesting that IN ALL THESE YEARS NOBODY FROM THE CLUB HAS APPROACHED ANDY AND VINCE ABOUT SHARING THEIR REMEMBERANCES OF STUDEBAKERS FROM THE EARLY '60s? That is INCREDIBLE. I'd ALWAYS ASSUMED THEY DIDN'T WANT TO TALK. YOU MEAN WE'D NEVER ASKED THEM? COME ON NOW..........IS THIS FOR REAL OR A HOAX. THIS MUST BE SOMEONE'S IDEA OF A JOKE.

wagone

Leave a comment:

• Green 53
    replied
    I will stop in and see Vince.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• 54-61-62
    replied
    Well if it really is an oops, you can just hit the edit or delete post button!

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

Joe often lurks around in here. Crap! that was something you all were not suppossed to know.

MIKE

Leave a comment:

• A1956GoldenHawk
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

Seriously though ....<snip>

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    One of the very few books I have read in my life is "They Call Me Mr 500." With wide eyes I remember my neighbor telling me of his experience of seeing the Indy 500 & the Novi with Ferguson 4 wheel drive doing 4 wheel burnouts leaving the turns! How a family has contributed so much & their association with Studebaker was only a few short years, but how much more we would like to learn.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• A1956GoldenHawk
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by ivorydan

All the silly back and forth about "I know something you don't know!" re who wrote an article made me think ...<snip>
    Sometimes the cart has to move the horse to get anywhere!!!

Leave a comment:

• ivorydan
    started a topic Andy Granatelli

Andy Granatelli

All the silly back and forth about "I know something you don't know!" re who wrote an article made me think:

Have any Club officials ever approached Andy or Vince to write an article for the club about their Stude-related experiences? They could provide insight in several areas, including High Performance. There is a limited time now to tap into their knowledge and association with Studebaker.

I can't ever recall a club article written by the Granatellis. Have they ever been approached?

Working...
X