Tire rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire rub

I'm running 215/75R 15's on my 52 Champ. The front coils have 1.5 turns removed for lowering. The rub is on the upper control arm. What size of tire do I need? 205series? Thank you.
    Joe

205's might do it. I'd borrow or buy a cheap used tire first to try it. Are you using stock wheels, or something else? A wheel with a little less back space might work too.

Dwain G.
    "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

Thanks Dwain G.
      I agree with you on this. I'm using the original Stude steel wheels on this car. I tried using aftermarket spacers but I'm left with too short a thread depth on the lug nuts. It's the little things that make this an interesting hobbie. Thanks again.
      Joe

Comment

Joe,
        Have you tried using a Ford or Chrysler wheel? The back spacing on the Stude wheel is sometimes a bit deep. Also, try using just a 1/8 inch spacer behind the wheel. That will leave plenty of threads on the studs and may give you just the tiniest bit of clearance you need. Good luck.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

Thanks guys: The tire issue has been resolved by using 195/75 R15's.
          Now on to wiring. Joe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jmccarrol@hotmail.com

Thanks guys: The tire issue has been resolved by using 195/75 R15's.
            Where the heck did you find them? I think they have not been made for several years.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Your correct Dick. I was told that they are very rare. They are radial mud & snow tires,but don't have an agressive tread. They handle well and I haven't noticed any road noise. I found them in my home town of Barrie, Ontario at a used tire store. Now that you have seconded the statement that they are rare, I had better buy the last one. Forty dollars mounted and balanced. They are used as I said, but they are in excellent shape and saftied. Joe

Comment

Good find, Joe [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                X