X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laemmle
    replied
    A sad reality of life in this here USofA

. If we threw out everything made in China, there wouldn't be much left .

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

[/quote]

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Bills R2

And if you have an Pertronixs coil, throw it out. They are made in China and less than worthless, they will cost you a tow.Better off with a '72 Maveric coil out of a junkyard.
    I've had great luck with Pertronix coils...in fact with all their products. Very well engineered. If we threw out everything made in China, there wouldn't be much left .

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• Bills R2
    replied
    And if you have an Pertronixs coil, throw it out. They are made in China and less than worthless, they will cost you a tow.Better off with a '72 Maveric coil out of a junkyard.

'64 R2 back on da road again
    POCI,SCCA,SIMTA

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    You don't need the jumper, the weak wire is a ground and seems weak because it has to be flexible.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    1. Removed, doesn't do anything any longer.
    2. Ground.
    3. Apparently!

Just set the ring to ignitor per the instructions...connect the wires per the instructions...close it up and hit the key.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• ivorydan
    started a topic R1 Pertronix Question

R1 Pertronix Question

I have three questions:

1. Now that I've installed the Ignitor to replace my dual points, should the contact points jumper wire be removed or left in place?
    2. What is the purpose of the little wire that is riveted to the timer base plate at one end and has a loop on the other end that goes around the screw holding the Ignitor base(or previously one of the points) to the timer base plate?
    3. The little wire seems pretty limp or weak; is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks. Dan
Working...
X