thanks for your suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for your suggestions

thanks for all your suggestions about my car. unfortunately someone wrote me a rude reply and i decided not to ask questions about my car and how to fix it,nor use the forum again. thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions, judy

If the reply was rude enough to potentially drive you off the forum, report the member to our web master, it's certainly against forum rules.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I went back and looked, and couldn't see any rude responses... maybe somebody deleted a response?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

How'd that song go??? "One bad apple don' spoil the whole bunch girl!"
        Of course, if you're gonna deny yourself the best darned Stude repair and info source, it's not we that stand to lose the most.[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Judy, Try to remember that we're a bunch of stone age guys who are used to getting on each others case as a regular part of conversation. We sometimes rip on others cars and methods and sometimes even rip on each other. Its all part of working in the garage together when some of us can't even get along, but we still help each other get our cars fixed. We learn that in order to take advantage of all the fabulous information available here, one needs to have thick skin. Come back into the garage with us and let us help you fix your car, eh?

sals54
          sals54

Comment

I have also learned over the years that email and forum postings lack the nuances that face-to-face communications rely on. Sometimes, the tone of the written word, when read, isn't what the writer intended

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Tone of voice is considered to be 85% of communication. Without hearing how the person said it, a joke can seem very rude. Don't give up on this source of info just because of a misunderstanding.
              Thanks for raising our awareness on the subject. I just went back and modified one of my other replies so the person would not misunderstand my intent.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X