Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

62 lark daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 lark daytona

I just bought a 62 daytona that has been sitting in a barn since 1977,it is mostly complete and alittle rough around the edges, I went to see if the motor would turn over but the starter is missing "oops", dose any body no of a good source for starters,alt/gens.AS well as other parts for this car to include tech sheets. thanks

fred

Hi Fred, welcome to the Forum. If you have not already done so, I would recomend you join the SDC to get the most out of your Studebaker ownership! [^] Details for joining are here:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/aboutsdc.asp

Looking for parts? A comprehensive list of vendors is here:

http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Lastly, if you have not already done so, I would recommend strongly that you get the Chassis and Body Parts Manuals (as well as the Shop Manual) for your Daytona (available from many of the Vendors). They are invaluable when tracking down parts, as just about everyone sells by Stude part numbers. Good Luck and keep us posted. [8D]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Might be my favorite Stude! I've got 3[:X]

If you can, how about some pictures??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

tryed to post photos could not figure it out, anyway thanks for the info I am verry interested in seeing if the motor will run after it's long rest.

fred

Comment

Invaluable info here:
          http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tech_things2do.asp

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Hows this for a barn find?[img] [IMG]

fred

Comment

Thanks for the picture! How about more info? 6 or 8 cylinder engine? What trans.? How about more pictures- interior, trunk floor (back corners), sides (particularly botom rear of fenders). Job one overall is to give it a thorough bath!

As for the engine- first thing to do is pull the dipstick and see if it has oil. Put a socket and breaker bar on the crank bolt and see if it'll turn in either direction.

Have fun and get back to us. We'll help you get it going!

Where are you located?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Love the patina, Frank. Nice find; good to have the pictures "as found." Nice car!BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hah! I was dealing on that VERY Daytona, Fred! Glad it found a home. It was simply too cheap to pass up. Bob Peterson has all of what you need to get that baby going. He's in the bay area. He has a good deck lid and the taillights you'll need. I'll E-mail you his contact info.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'd buy the car just for the thrill of washing it and seeing what's underneath the dirt.

JDP/Maryland
                    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                    Thomas Jefferson
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

I had a deal working wherein Bob Peterson would buy the Daytona (closer to him and he has the means to haul it) and I'd swap him straight across for this 4-spd Wagonaire I've got (which he's expressed interest in).
                      Of course the Daytona's in Fred's hands now and that's great. Kinda like you, JP, I was rolling the dice on the descriptions from the seller and fron John Ratliff, who posted to the forums about this thing over a week ago. From wht those two told me, I didn't think I could go wrong![^]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome, Fred! Here's a link to the Sequoia Chapter's website, for local contacts and happenings: http://www.sequoia-sdc.com/

I know we're all eager to see another shot after its first bath - looks like you got a diamond in the rough!

Andy
                        62 GT
                        Andy
                        62 GT

Comment

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I saw the deal on craigslist made the call, And told them I was puting quarters on a rag top nova and could not make it until the next week. He offered to deliver it so I bought it sight unseen {took a shot} turned out ok.

fred

Comment

P.S. thanks for all the help and interest,I have power washed it and cleaned up the engine compartment more photos to come as soon as I get home before the sun gose down,I plan to get her rolling soon, it is a v8 3spd. has buckets and console, engine is complete minous starter, I am trying to source as we speek and if the motor checks out I will be looking for a 4spd and steering column.I live in antioch ca. {the bay area} but from nebraska inwich my father still is and has the 54 commander he bought from family in 1965 thanks agin Fred.

fred

Comment

Working...
                              X