Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Fan blade paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan blade paint

The fan blade I got from SI is black and I would like to paint it orange as the original. Is the Chevy engine orange a pretty good match?

Thanks

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

It's close enough that nobody will ever notice, but it's a little too yellow and not enough red.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Purdy engine compartment..now there is a shot of the drain hose on the cowl everyone was looking for a picture of a couple weeks ago. Two for one helper shot!

Comment

That drain hose stands out better on the white cars than some of the others.

Comment

All the others had the air cleaner on and the pics were from the front. That's a great shot for whomever was looking for it. Can't remember who was trying to replace it and needed to see a good one, though. A search may not find it if it had been in another thread header, I'll try.

Comment

I was the one looking for a picture of a drain hose and fittings for a 62. This appears to be a 63. Since that time I have decided I would just make something to fit.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

Here is 'dark chevy orange'
              As Mike implies here...there are TWO "Chevy Oranges". An early and a late. Most FLAPS carry both. Make sure you get the darker of the two.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think that the Chrysler Orange may be a better match. It may be the same as the darker Chevy color.

Here is a color chart:
                http://www.kpg-industrial.com/produc..._with_ceramic/

DE1622 is what I have used. It matched my fan color.
                ========================
                63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
                Martinez, CA

Comment

check out the Chrysler orange... jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

JI Case "Flambeau Red" tractor paint available from TSC or Valspar is the exact correct color for studebakers fans! It's just the right mix of orange and red....

If you want some Dan, I can outright give you a pint of the paint if you pay for shipping and I can find a can.

Comment

I have a friend with a 1964 Daytona, perhaps Omaha Orange.

He claims it was a factory color in 1964 to get rid of all the surplus fan paint.[8D]

1963 Studebaker Avanti: C4 Corvette narrowed front/rear suspension, C5 13" calipers/rotors adapted to C4, Viper differential with Intrax 3.54 ratio (the snake has been charmed!), coil overs, stainless tubular frame, stainless chambered side exhaust.
                      Here are two links for some pictures and information.
                      Slide Show
                      Magazine Article
                      sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and ideas. 54-61-61, we have a TSC near me, I actually was just there Fri. getting part washer solvent. I will stop by there later this week to see if they have the JI Case paint! Thanks for the offer to send a can too.

Dan White
                        64 R1 GT
                        64 R2 GT
                        Dan White
                        64 R1 GT
                        64 R2 GT
                        58 C Cab
                        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
                        X