Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

289 carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 289 carb.

Hi
    Have a 57 silver hawk with a 1962 289.. It has a 4 barrel.. I have had some flooding problems with it from time to time.. Wonder what would be a good replacement for the carb.. something that would just bolt on with not too much adjustment..
    Thanks Dick

silver hawk

Edelbrock 1403 and a Mr. Gasket #97 spacer... a bit more fuel line... Hook the electric choke to the spare OD kickdown wire on the harness. Your throttle linkage can be easily adapted to the carb..
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

If it were mine I would rebuid the carb. Or have someone rebuild it for me.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Second the motion to keep the OEM carb. It costs about $300 and up to buy the new Edelbrock carb, spacer, gaskets, fiddle the linkage and the choke. For a little more, the best in the business, Daytona Carb, for one, will make yours like new. It will fit, it will work perfectly, be stock and and it will last another fifty years.

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Mine leaked too until I rebuilt it this summer. I got a gasket kit from NAPA for either $32 or $35, can't remember which and they had it the next day. Easy to follow instructions included float levels for Studebakers. Unless the throttle shaft bushings are completely wallowed out, a gasket kit, an old toothbrush and a can of carburator cleaner should get it fixed up. The toothbrush works more effeciently if you warm the handle up over a fire and bend it into an "L" shape

Comment

Working...
          X