Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodnutrandy
    replied
    we went by 83 Chevy 1/2 ton specs. frame is actually a 1970 ,but had drum brakes and manual steering. I got front suspension from a 83 with power disc brakes and power steering. 10 of 12 bolts lined up when I put it under the 70 frame. Front suspension cost me $125. I thought pretty reasonable for the gain of power disc brakes and power steering. Hope to find out in about a month how it drives out. Have to get A/c lines crimped and installed, than start mounting front sheet metal again. I know what you mean on old timers. problem here is most the old timers are out of it.

Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    Sounds great. A couple years ago I had a shop line up my 46 chev pick-up that had a AMC Pacer front end under it. They did everything based on the computer(Pacer) and within a month I was replacing all front supension parts as it was so far off it distroyed averything. What spec's did they go by??? I would be surprised if using the Chevy 1/2 would work. I finally went to a old timer you did an old fashion aliegnment and NEVER had another problem. What did your shop use for specs???

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Superb!
    I can't get that close with my trusty string...
    (Squaring chassis the old school way since 1970..)
    Good on 'ya Randy!!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rodnutrandy

<snip>
    He checked position of front and rear axle and said it was off .040. <snip>
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Nice when a plan works out!

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    started a topic shortened frame

shortened frame

when I put my M16 on a chevy 1/2 ton frame ,I shortened frame about 17 inches to make it match a m5 wheelbase. measured the best I could ,but was still a little worried on how straight I got it back. Took it yesterday to get lined up,and they had the latest ,greatest line up setup. he put all 4 wheels in the setup and when I told him I had taken 17 inches out of frame,he gave me a funny look. He checked position of front and rear axle and said it was off .040. Told me a new 2008 is off more than my M. Talk about a happy camper. I credit that to beginners luck. So I guess truck should track straight.

Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
Working...
X