Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

my next needle in the hay stack search????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my next needle in the hay stack search????

With my search for a 56 clock for my wagon completed, I am now moving on to the next part I don't ever see for sale. This is decribed by the Body Parts catolog as a Shield(pedal procetor(part #306348P) This is a shield that goes over the cowl body mount and is really an extention of the inter fender. I have the driver side and need the pass. side. Some people have told me they were never made but the book says they have. (Maybe they where only available on export rht hand drive cars since they call them petal protectors) Can someone confirm Stud. did make these, and does anyone repop. them or know where I can get one. Thanks

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

That's right! Only a right hand drive model would have a pedal protector shield on the right side.
    Because Studebakers were 'world cars' (before that phrase became popular) the parts books present a lot of booby traps with the RHD, or Canada, or Export notations.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/53C.jpg [/img]
    Dwain G.

Comment

SASCO has loads of right hand drive stuff if you just feel the need to add one.

Studebaker On The Net
      http://stude.com
      Studebaker News Group
      http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker
      Arnold Md.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 Avanti R1/AC
      63 Lark 2 dr.
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark convert
      60 Hawk
      59 3E Truck
      56 truck
      55 Starlight
      53 Starlight
      52 Starlight
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I've asked Dennis at SASCO for JUST that piece.[:I] No gots![V]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The reason I am looking for one is that without some sort of protection on that side the water and dirt just abuse that body mount. I guess I will have to fab something or made a reverse mold (from the LH) and make one out of fiberglass. Thanks everyone.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

The trick with SASCO is never ask them for a piece that your searching for. There's something in the air that tells them ahead of time what you need and the gremlins make sure they won't have it. It doesn't even seem to matter if someone tells you they saw 20 of the same item there yesterday. The moment you want it it becomes no longer available. I used to call them with the expectation they would have what I'm looking for. After about half a dozen times of calling for a specific part that everyone said they should have, but they didn't, I have all but given up on SASCO. Except for mundane mechanical stuff and sheet metal, I hardly even consider calling them anymore.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
            X