Hurst Cheater Slicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurst Cheater Slicks

Since my '56 hotrod is really going to be old-school I decided to go with steel wheels and Hurst Cheater Slicks. I like it!

[]

Comment

I like it. [^]

Can't wait to see pics of this car when it's done. [][8D]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That is too cool.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Perfect choice.[8D]

Andy
          62 GT
          Andy
          62 GT

Comment

I'm also thinken seriously about Cokers slicks for my Conestoga.

Mike

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

I'm also thinken seriously about Cokers slicks for my Conestoga.

Mike
              I went with the Hursts because I could get them in a 8.5" section width--that way I could use them without messing around with the stock axle housing. They were $250 for the pair. Cody at Hot Rod Rubber (Hurst Racing Tires) is a GREAT guy--really superb customer service!

Since you have ALL THE ROOM IN THE WORLD, you have more choices! You could even go with wrinkle-walls on that beast!

Comment

Do these tires have more tread than the old ones? I don't remember being able to see anything along the outer edge of my brother-in law's Henry-J years ago. Of course, those tires had a hard life and may have been worn down. In any case it is a tough look.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
                "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Do these tires have more tread than the old ones? I don't remember being able to see anything along the outer edge of my brother-in law's Henry-J years ago. Of course, those tires had a hard life and may have been worn down. In any case it is a tough look.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
                  "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                  The outer "tread" is an option. I just wanted there to be obvious tread in case John Law or the DMV decides to take a closer look one day.

http://www.hurstracingtires.com/

Comment

Neat, Allan!

I remember we used to paint a pie shaped wedge on the rear wheels so an observer could check wheel spin at launch.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Neat, Allan!

I remember we used to paint a pie shaped wedge on the rear wheels so an observer could check wheel spin at launch.

This whole project is a flash-back for me. I can still smell and taste and FEEL Lion's Drag Strip circa 1970. My grandfather lived about 2-3 miles from Lion's and he and I went about once a month from '66 until the end in '72. I was a big Jungle Jim Lieberman fan in those days--anyone wanna guess why?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer
                        I was a big Jungle Jim Lieberman fan in those days--anyone wanna guess why?
                        Jungle Pam [] [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

And she's still a big draw at the nostalgia races back east.
                          Mostly with the Jungle Jim Vega recreation, but she has also very well known to just be at some of the bigger old time races.

My most memorable memory of "them" (get your mind out...the car and crew...!) was from Orange County Raceway.
                          Second best was from Irwindale Raceway.
                          At the time...no one could put on a crazy show like they could. I remember Jim doing a long smoky burnout....on the "return" road at Irwindale...right against the fence...with us spectators about 14" away! Literally close enough to touch. Never get away with that now days!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X