Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool beans, Kerry.

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Lookin' great, Billy! You might want to slip a cotter pin through the rod that holds your pushrod.

All the Studes I own have Jim's equiptment and I'm very happy with the performance of everything. Besides that, he IS a great guy!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

All the Studes I own have Jim's equiptment and I'm very happy with the performance of everything. Besides that, he IS a great guy!
        YES he is. I cannot tell you hoe much fun we are having with that car now. Thanks to Jim.

I have already put a cotter pin in, I noticed it after I took the photos.

Comment

Billy, you should also find a rubber boot for the master cylinder, where the push rod enters it. One off a stock Studebaker m/c might work. You don't want dust and grit getting in there, or the m/c will have its life shortened.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

Billy, you should also find a rubber boot for the master cylinder, where the push rod enters it. One off a stock Studebaker m/c might work.
            I have one ready to be installed. Just need a few spare min.

Comment

I was glad to hear this issue was safely and satisfactorily resolved. When I installed my system, I used fitting adapters and unions to join the Metric to SAE pipes. When Bill and Jim were working on the car, I went out and tried to find the part numbers, but my NAPA store isn't so much a FLAPS, moreso a PITA-APS and they weren't in the mood to look the numbers up.
              I went to another in the country and surprisingly found NAPA has an adapter pipe. for about $10.00. It makes the install much easier and less complicated.

Bob Johnstone

http://www.studebaker-info.org
              55 President State Sedan
              64 GT Hawk
              70 Avanti (R3)
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Had this problem on a 66 with disc brakes. Needed to shorten the rod at the booster. A good and easy way to find out if the master is uncovering the relief port is:
                With a new piece of metal brake line, attatch it to the cylinder facing up.
                with the master clinderin the released positoin when you blow into the tube bubbles will appear in the fluid.
                if no bubbles appear the rod will have to be adjusted shorter until they do.
                Tony

Comment

[8D]Sorry about the spelling in my reply; should read cylinder, and position it up.[:I]
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X