Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Left hand thread wheel lug nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left hand thread wheel lug nuts

Hi guys -

I'm ready to replace the wheel hub/drums on my 55 Commander. So - which side of the car do the hubs with the left hand threads go?

I could, of course, replace them the way they were when I took them off, but there's no reason to believe that the previous owners of the car had them correct. Based on everything else I seen done to this poor thing.

For some reason, I can't find this information in the manual or parts book.

Thank,

Frank Starr
    Seattle

Frank - I think it's the left (driver's) side. They stamped an "L" on the end of the studs, to be sure. Are you replacing right-threaded studs with the left for authenticity?

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Hi Tom -

Thanks. No, I'm just trying to put drums back on - half of them are RH thread and half are LH thread.

I'm thinking I'm needing a complete rear axle assembly for this thing - got anything like that (maybe I asked you before)?

Frank

Comment

Studs stamped "L" are left, driver's side. Be sure you use the correct nuts. Notice I didn't say right nuts?
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Frank,where are you at?I know of a cheap rear end in TN.Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X