No announcement yet.

1950 Champion horn button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask JDP about the fabric. IIRC, that is his business.

My heater control is the knob labelled A, defroster is knob D. I don't have that third T handle, but if you have a knob labelled A, that should be the heater. hmm, curious. Ok, I couldn't take it anymore and looked in the owner's manual. You're right, your W handle is for heater water temp. My A knob is for the climatizer, I don't have a temp control. Do you have the climatizer?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Lothar, you need a radio grille? I think I MIGHT have one out in the parts shed. I'd have to look to be sure.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob
        To the left of the steering wheel I have a knob on the dash labeled "A", which is my heater/vent fan (air or "Climatizer?") control. I also have a knob labeled "D" for the defroster fan. I also have blank plug cover on the far left side. I'm not sure whats supposed to go there. On the right side of the steering wheel are the knobs for the interior lights ("IL") and headlights ("L").

Mr. Biggs
        Thanks for the offer, but I have a good speaker grille. I have the radio out because it doesn't work. I took the grille off to give me access to dash wiring.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
        Holdrege NE
        John
        1950 Champion
        W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
        Holdrege NE

Comment

That blank spot to the left would be a knob with "F" on it, for optional Fog lites.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I can't supply the factory 1950 cloth but Phantom Autoworks has had it rewoven,not cheap but nice sutff.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

I know this thread is older than dirt, but I ran across it in a search today and figured others might as well. I also didn't see a horn button with steering ring like mine shown. Figured I would contribute.

1950 Studebaker Champion 4 Door Sedan

Comment

Brian
                Thanks for reviving this old thread! Thanks for sharing your steering wheel trim as well. This was a wide-ranging thread. I still haven't found anything like my original pinstripe upholstery material I was looking for eight years ago.
                John
                1950 Champion
                W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                Holdrege NE

Comment

Lothar,

Glad to share. I'm running into that myself on a few parts. I had to place the rebuild on hold for a bit, but I'm hoping to get back on track now.
                  1950 Studebaker Champion 4 Door Sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X