Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Where to get Holley kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Holley kits?

I'm getting to work on the 57 Provincial for Momma. Got it out of the storage building; forgot how weird it looks next to modern cars![:0]

When I last ran it the electric fuel pump worked fine; but the fuel just poured out the top of the carb. So I pulled it to go through it, and I need a kit. According to the list number it's an old 4160 from the 70s. Everything's free and well-preserved- no corrosion or gummy parts. Pulled it apart and it cleaned up well.

If you use Holleys, where do you get your kits? This one's already set up correctly for the Stude engine and in very good condition, so I see no need to replace it. I called Holley and they said they couldn't sell kits, and to contact one of their vendors, like Jeg's, etc.

Is there someplace you prefer to order from?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Google is your friend:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Holley/743712/10002/-1/11747

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks for that, it's a real PITA to try to Google anything on dial-up[}]

I'm sure Summit and others have the kits as well; I'm wondering if anyone has a favored supplier?

BTW- this carbs specs at 465 CFM; pretty small for a 4bbl[|)] But probably about right ofr this application...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

For $20 item I don't do a lot of price shopping.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

I'd try your local FLAPS too.

They've been making that 4160 for maybe 40 years...still do...

http://tinyurl.com/432fqz

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great door stop.
            Rebuild it with new crossover tube o-rings at the very minimum.
            Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Or buy a new Edelbrock. Bolt on right out of the box. [^]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Holleys work fine!
                As with ALL older carbutors...just make sure the throttle shafts are snug in the base. No perceptable wiggle...especially front to back.

As others have said...Summit or Jegs.

Unless you have an auto parts store near by that carries that stuff...(apparently not, or you wouldn't be asking), you most likely won't get it much cheaper or faster.

Mike

Comment

Thanks all. I have no problem with Holleys, being that except for the beginner class, EVERY race car I ever drove had a Holley carb. I know they're quality. Good tip about the throttle shafts; I'll look at them closely- thanks Mike.

As for replacement, I prefer that- easier, plus a shiny new part! Just doesn't make sense in this case; I am FAR from a "CASO" (still don't get why anyone would admit to being one[B)]) but can't see any need to throw away a perfectly usable item that can be put back in service easily.

I checked with my local store, but they didn't know how to look it up... great bunch, just not that knowledgeable. I find I'm mail-ordering more and more things just for the simplicity; plus I can place the order at 1AM if needed. I wasn't price shopping, John- just service shopping

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

If you have an advance auto parts or related company in your area they show kits on line. Advance number for renew kit is 37485 for 4160 priced at 39.88 If the counter can't help you can order on line and pickup at some stores.

Comment

our local Advance Auto Parts stocks the kits

Comment

Working...
                      X