Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Barrie Automotive Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrie Automotive Flea Market

This huge flea market starts June 5 and runs for 4 days just north of Barrie, Ontario. It's too huge to cover in just one day, but I'd love to find the Stude vendors. Any Stude folk going to be there? Where can I find you?

I live about five miles from the event and have tons of parking. Always welcome Stude lovers.

DW
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

The only stude vendor that is there every year is Roy Graham,from Marmora ON. 613-395-0353. He is an older gentleman, so if you need parts from his yard, you'd better call him. I found it easier to drive to South Bend this spring and deal with just stude people. One stop shopping. Joe

Comment

Thanks Joe. I have a vendor's list so I'll see if I can find his location. I'll talk to him if I find him. Marmora is a pleasant two hour drive across #7. I was waiting for my Stude to be on the road before going to South Bend in an Acura and dying from envy. DW

Comment

South Bend is not that large. I figured there was thirty to forty vendors. It was great just to look at mostly Studebaker and Avanti parts. I feel if I buy one part at a swap meet it is a success. A lot of people complain about Barrie, but they'd complain even more if it closed. Joe

Comment

There are tons of Studebaker parts available in Ontario - you just need to know who to ask, put out the requests, and join the chapters.

Roy is an original Studebaker Dealer and one of only 2 original vendors at Barrie.

Paul R

Comment

The other vendor there, I believe, is from Pembrook and he,too, has a yard full of Studebakers. My hot rod friends know him and I'll meet him this time, too. The management at the Barrie event have pissed quite a few people off. But the event keeps growing. I drag myself around it for a few hours and then go home to soak my feet. I'll find Roy. Thanks guys!

Comment

While I really think that the job Roy Graham does at Barrie is exceptional at selling Studebaker parts, I think the Studebaker buyers at Barrie are few and far between. I'm afraid that many Studebaker owners do not go to Barrie, because there is so much ground to cover - or the grounds are covered with too many non-Studebaker parts.

However, I believe that these kind of face to face flea markets are essential, because EBAY is a liitle unfriendly.

I know that there are many Studebaker owners out there that have more than one Studebaker. A Studebaker wife told me that it was the "Cockroach Theory" of Studebakers. She stated that "For every Studebaker you see, there are usually a few hiding away." Many members of our club have more than three or more cars!

Good luck hunting, because much of the fun is in the hunt.

Paul R

Comment

Just got off the phone to Roy Graham. He will be there on Thursday with my parts.
                Joe

Comment

I booked Thurs afternoon off work (because I'm the boss). I'll find him and hopefully meet you, too. Thanks, Joe.

Comment

Working...
                  X