No announcement yet.

1949 Truck VIN Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah...the wine barrel I brought back from California got a lot of talk on the road at fuel stops. Its hard to tell on those pics, but I have all the metal to the truck...everything else like the grill, hood, fender was in the bed or in the cab of the truck. A couple of truck drivers suggested I build it as a moonshine runnin' truck.

Steve Saeger
    Marysville, Ohio

Comment

Welcome Steve!
      Is that the 55 gallon or 27.5 gallon engine?

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

I recently purchased a 2R truck. No ID plates on driver side door kick plate area. I haven’t uncovered the engine serial number yet. It appears to have a bed and maybe frame which may have come from an older truck. It has what I believe to be the older type bed with rolled bed top rails like old Ford or Chevy (or I think older Stude). It also has running boards. The cab seems to sit a bit forward on the chassis. I have an extra chassis and running gear which appear to be different, frame extends maybe a foot or so beyond the leaf spring perches on front and rear. I don’t see any stamped numbers on frames. Any suggestions on obtaining or locating serial numbers. There’s a GA tag on the truck (1971). I’m sure it was not registered to the gentleman I bought it from.
        Whichever repair route I take, I will have numerous extra frame and running gears. Any suggestions on selling them. I also have a complete (non-running 52 Champion with a TN title in my name.
        thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X