Studebaker vent doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker vent doors

The vent doors on a Hawk are cause for great concern, this is where the rust penetrates the fender. I did the best I could with the rust preventers and undercoating material. I am currently working on the heating system and it's duct work. I looked in the book and discovered that the springs for the vent doors do not connect to the vent doors, they connect to the rods that pull the doors shut.The fiberglass vent housing that I bought will not rust however it is murder getting them on after the fenders are installed and painted. I guess it's all worth it.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Did you seal the vent doors on the inside of the fender? I used paintable silicone caulking all around the spot welded area where the vent door opening is, and then put on those fiberglass ducts.

No signs of rust since 1986.

Comment

Yes, we saw it as a vunerable area.After welding the new(CE) comination panels. We used the "Silver Bullit" product. It is more versitle than Por-15 Because it can be primed and painted over, great product then we undercoated the areas very heavy. These repairs should last ten years as the car will not be outside.

Studebakers forever!
      Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
      X