New Guy Saying Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Saying Hi

I don't even know enought to get myself in trouble yet so here is the idea. I want to build a t-bucket type car but using as many Stude parts as possible. Stude driveline, maybe an old stude touring body, Lark Tail lights, the works. I am in the parts assembly phase now. I want a V8 with an Automatic so what should I look for. My idea was a 259 or 289, 2x2 carbs for the look, an R2+ cam, just enough power to make it run well. I will probably do a Dana 44 rear but I need tranny help. What should I look for that I can use with eithr a column shift or an aftermarket shifter. Sorry if I am making little sense, I was up all night last night. Any other help is appreciated. Joe

I'd use a Powershift with it's floor shifter, the rest of your idea's sound fine.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Sounds like fun Joe!
      Jeff[8D]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Go to www.whitepages.ca and look up Greg Bronson in New Dundee, Ontario. He Has been working on a t-bucket Stude for a couple of years.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
        47 M-5
        Izzer Buggy
        Junior Wagon
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

I think you'll find that the 259 will be a lot easier and cheaper to aquire than than a 289. You might also consider a Champion six cylinder. These look great in older cars. The roadster style body will be the hard thing to find.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

You stole my idea!

Chris Pile
            Midway Chapter SDC
            The Studebaker Special
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Any comments Chris? I saw the aluminum head Champ on Catharts site and was impressed. PM me for any parts you can think of if you want, i will take any good advice. Also, any cheap parts in Indiana that come up for sale will be welcome.

Comment

Well, I like the Champ 6 real well - it's a classic, but a V8 has all kinds of possibilities, too.

No real suggestions beyond that just yet, I just always wanted to build a Stude powered Stude bodied rod.

Tom, Jeff, Joe Roberts? Isn't there a guy on the HAMB building something along the same lines with a '27 Stude touring body?

Chris Pile
                Midway Chapter SDC
                The Studebaker Special
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X