No announcement yet.

Chevy V8 in 59 lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize. I think it would have been better for me to ignore the question rather than tell why I think Moose wasn't getting any replies. My bad.

The search function isn't perfect, primarily for the reasons Jeff gave. In addition, you can't even search just in the Technical Talk for subjects like this since we're not too good at keeping the right topics in the right forums. Also, the search archives only goes back presently to about August of 06 and I'm sure the best threads on subjects like this were in the early days of the forum when the question had not been asked 150 times already.

Because of the reasons Jeff gave, to search a topic like this I would just put something like CHEVY in the "search for" line, then search all forums, and entire message (not just subject). Yea, you get 25 pages to wade through, and most won't apply, but you will find what you are looking for.

On at least the top three subjects (how do I put a Chevy in my Stude, what oil should I use, and what tires and wheels will fit), I doubt if they will be getting much of an answer going forward. Again, I know it's rude and not in the hobby's best interest to ignore these questions, but how many times can you realistically rehash exactly the same thing?

I also know that this idea has been vetoed before, and that's to refer the questioner to a number of threads that already answer his question. Then after those are read, the questioner can certainly come back with more specific questions. Maybe we just do this with the top three and see if it works?

BTW, a you will find "stickys" at the top of each forum. They are no reply threads with general information posted by Bob Shaw. A sticky might work for this "experiment" but perhaps there is a better way.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...Terms=chevy,v8
      Try this thread Moose. I put Chevy v8 in the search to find it.

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      1955 President State
      Fresno,Ca
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe