X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan Songer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Alan

Gabriel Red Ryder Gas 82060. You should have been with me today at the Long Beach Swap Meet. A guy has KYB Gas Adjusts for $35 apiece.
    Alas, I was out at the CA Poppy Preserve near Lancaster. The poppies were at their peak this weekend--really quite a sight. We went for a 6 1/2 mile hike then ruined the great exercise with carne asada, tortillas, guacamole and 3 Bohemias. Oh well . . .

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I'm not sold on KYBs. I had a pair that came with my 944 on the rear, the PO had installed them, they were clunking and rattling within a year. I remember when he installed them, so they didn't last very long. Also my old landlady had an old Nissan pickup, I borrowed it one day and mentioned that it felt kind of underdamped, she might want to think about replacing the shocks - here she'd just got new ones. That her ex-husband mechanic had installed for her. They were KYBs. Oops. I stuck my foot in it that time I guess but I was just trying to be helpful.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Gabriel Red Ryder Gas 82060. You should have been with me today at the Long Beach Swap Meet. A guy has KYB Gas Adjusts for $35 apiece.

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    N8N has a parts exchange list, which will show shocks for
    your 56, by manufacturer....Gabriel, Monore, Bilstein, Delco
    with the appropriate part number.

http://members.cox.net/njnagel/files/interchange.pdf

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Leave a comment:

• Allan Songer
    started a topic Rear shocks for a '56 sedan . . .

Rear shocks for a '56 sedan . . .

I need a pair of rear shocks for a '56 sedan. I have done a search and can't seem to find any threads that list interchanges for this shock. If anyone has a list of what will work, I'd surely appreciate it!
Working...
X