Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roddinfamilyguy
    replied
    I have a 52 2r10 that a farmer put a 60s chevrolet 250 straight 6 into, it has the same mounts as the V8s do. He just modified the original mounts for the stude and it seems to work good. just welded a plate on the stude mount with the bolt holes drilled into it for the chevrolet motor, uses the stock mounting location and everything. would probably be fine for a mild motor just not big HP

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    I have not played around with early trucks. I make mounts for T cabs with SBC but they are for the 3 bolt side mount for 68 up blocks. I have the front mounts for SBC into 53 up C's and K's. Most of the mounts are around $125 per set including Urethane pads.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Billy
    started a topic V8 in A 51 2R5

V8 in A 51 2R5

A non-internet member has asked the question:
    What do I have to do to put a V8, probably chev, in his 1951 2R5?
    He has available an older 283 with a 3 speed with OD. What mounts would he use, would they have to be custom, and what type of transmission mount would be required? Can any member provide these mounts and for how much? I know there are alot of these conversions done for customs, he wants to build a mild sleeper using a 3:31 or 3:73 rear end.
    All feed back is appreciated,
    Thanx
Working...
X