X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNCadet
    replied
    Dwain,

Thanks very much, that explains the heritage of this axle. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it now, as I needed the 2 3/4" axle tube diameter variety for my R3. The differential gears are missing, but it is a flanged axle 44. Looks like it will go on surplus.

I've been told that early '50's Ford's used a Dana 44 with 2 3/4" that is similar, just wider. So I'm off to the boneyard's of San Diego hunting and hoping.

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    The ONLY place I could find that number is in an old N-A catalog. Since all the housings are the same width from 1953-on, they don't show a model year for application. They only identify it as a flanged axle model 44, with Twin Traction, and 4.55 gear ratio.

Dwain G.

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied
    Sounds like a mid 65 to 66 V8 Dana 44. Those would be the only non R3 factory flanged Dana 44s used by Stude to my knowledge.

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28

59 Lark
    etc

Leave a comment:

• HNCadet
    replied
    Yes, it is a factory flanged axle, however the tubes are 2 1/2" and not the 2 3/4" diameter R3 variety. Found darn near every other number but that xxxxx31!

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied
    I looked in the part number index of the 57-61 truck parts book, 62-64 truck parts book, and the 59-64 Chassis parts book for cars.
    I think it maybe a 65-66 part number? Is it a factory flange axle maybe??

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28

59 Lark
    etc

Leave a comment:

• HNCadet
    started a topic Axle Part Number?

Axle Part Number?

I've got a Dana 44 with a yellow painted part number on the housing of 1559931. Can't find it listed in my '63 Parts Catalog. Anyone find and know what that number describes?
Working...
X