!965 choke thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !965 choke thermostat

I need to get a choke thermostat for my 1965 Daytona (V8). It goes right on the intake manifold and I think is under a rectangular cover. Does anyone know where I could get a new one from a Studebaker guy? I can't see them in catalogs from Sasco or Studebaker Int'l. Does anybody have a part number?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Might still be available at local parts store...Chevy V8 with a Rochester carb?

ErnieR

Comment

Yes is it available at a local store but I will NOT pay $100 for one and that's what they're asking. Ack! I want to pay no more tha $20.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

This look right? No cover but even with shipping it's under $20.00

http://tinyurl.com/5shvkr

Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

$100!!! Sounds like the counterman doesn't know what you're asking for.

ErnieR

Comment

The Choke Cover without spring is 1564713 and $7.30 at SASCO, but the important part, the Thermostat is 1564712 and is NLA. [:0]

I think the parts guy thought you wanted a heat riser valve!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hi Bob,

I bet that's the thing. Good tip, thanks! I've never seen what's under the cover, but I'll try to take a look tomorrow. I do have the cover, though.

Comment

Working...
              X