1952 Chrome stinks - (an update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by TX Rebel

Good chrome is costly, but worth the money. I can do high quality plating of die cast here for considerably less than some of the others mentioned previously.

Barry'd in Studes
    Hey Barry, how can I get an estimate for a few parts?

Owner of a 1950 4 door Commander

I'll Tattoo you anytime!

you can find me at

Lucky Linda's Body Art 952-445-3281
    18 years in the tattooing biz
    I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
    sigpic
    I'll Tattoo you anytime!
    And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
    Crazy Lady Ink
    Shakopee Mn.
    952-445-3281
    27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

Maybe pick out the "ridges" in the beltline in a constrasting color, like red? just a thought...

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I happened to notice a nice 52 sedan on ebay today - with a powdercoated "chrome" grill. Seeing this gives me something to consider. I don't care for the look of the headlight rings here, too dull. I wonder how jsut the grill would look with a good chrome bumper and other trim still in place...

www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

Several years ago I demonstrated one of my Powder Coating units for a company that made bath room fixtures. Our parts were mostly brass. The company had a plating line and did a lot of chrome. However, with the popularity of retro-look claw foot tubs etc, they began to powder coat colors. The Tiger dri-lac powder coating rep was there as well. He gave me a "yellow" to use in my demo that when baked looked like gold plating when cured! Just like paint manufacturers, the Powder manufacturers are constantly researching and improving their products. I have been out of the business for 5 year now, others may have more recent information, but it should be worth investigating. Good luck with it!

John Clary
          Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
          SDC member since 1975
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
          X