Pulling the engine - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Folks, Jeff's a Miracle Worker as far as I'm concerned!
    I agree. Not only a beautiful car, but very nicely engineered also.

Here's my favorite picture of it...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

WOW! Nice photo of a NICE car! Reach around and give yourself another pat on the back, Jeff!

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's truly lovely [][^]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard
        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for all the kind remarks! What Biggs is talking about my '53 being "rough" is best explained here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554987313cxutEP

Someday I need to write up a little article about that project....

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

The Chocolate Turkey was built in the house, that was 1974. Body in the bedroom piece by piece, wiring harness on the living room floor.....dishwasher did an amazing job with wire wheels and other cast stuff. If you are welding cast iron, an oven works well for pre-heating.......(what wife??????????????)

Brian

Brian K. Curtis

Comment

In keeping with the original topic of this thread, here's the V8/auto combo just as it emerged from the '54 hardtop I've just sold.
              I actually used 2 different sling attachment points to get this out easier. Once the four mounts were loose, I slung it from somewhat aft of the engine's center. This allowed me to get the tranny pan over the crossmember that serves to support the rear motor mounts. Once that the combo was lifted and pulled forward in the engine bay (Radiator and fan removed), I set it back down and slung it from the bolt that a PS pump would mount to and one of the bolt holes that's at the rear of the cylinder head. This makes the combo sit nose high when the hoist lifts it again and you can see how the combo emerges from the bay. [^]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I love your cardboard and plywood "shop" floor!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Yeah - well, the shops FULL of Studes and Stude stuff (ask Dick - he's been here)so I lifted the engine and just kept nudjing the car back with my knee instead of trying to wrestle the hoist backwards.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X