Flight Hawk Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Hawk Parts?

My excitement about how "easy" it was going to be to find the parts I'm needing because of all the groundwork all the hard-working rebuilders have already accomplished is fizzling fast. I realize now what most of YOU already knew... it's more challenging to find parts for the 6 cyl Hawk. Dangit.

Can anyone help with replacement part numbers for stuff like radiator hoses or is my best bet just to work with a local parts shop for a best fit? The Vendors only seem to have V8 replacements.

And can anyone confirm if the 57 Silver Hawk wiring harness is the best replacement option for the 56 Flight Hawk? It's a "luxury item", but the electrical part is way scarier than the mechanical part for me.

Thanks to all!
    Rose

Fayetteville, AR

Just checking Studebaker International's catalog, they carry the radiator hoses. Upper is PN 1539722 at $19.10 and lower is PN 1539364 at $22. If SI has these hoses, chances are MOST of the other major Studebaker parts suppliers would have them also. BTW, these PN's are Studebaker PN's and most likely won't cross at your local parts shop.

Here's a list of Studebaker parts vendors...

http://www.studebakervendors.com/

I'll bet Studebakers West 650-366-8787 has the correct wiring harness for your car.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, Dick! I thought that parts for "C & K" meant "not Hawk" from the way other parts have been listed. (I ordered the SI catalog last week but don't have the paper copy in my hands yet.)

I didn't see the hoses on SASCO's site or a couple of others so I figured I was up a creek.

Thanks for the advice!

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

quote:Originally posted by OzarkPetunia

Thanks, Dick! I thought that parts for "C & K" meant "not Hawk" from the way other parts have been listed.
        A "C" body is a "Hawk" body like your Flight Hawk. It has a "B" pillar. A "K" body is one without the "B" pillar...a "hardtop", like a Golden Hawk.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

So... it's fun to educate CLUELESS newbies, right? Not annoying or exasperating?

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

Hi, Ozark Petunia,

FWIW, you will soon learn you have the EASIEST, best-supported, vehicle for finding Stude parts. Literally every service part, every mechanical part, most sheet metal parts, are available with a look through Turning Wheels, a phone call or internet search.

The CASOs will moan about today's prices, but if you need it, a Stude vendor has it somewhere.

thnx, jack

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

"So... it's fun to educate CLUELESS newbies, right? Not annoying or exasperating?"

Not at all! That's what we'z here for!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by OzarkPetunia

So... it's fun to educate CLUELESS newbies, right? Not annoying or exasperating?

Fayetteville, AR
                It much more annoying and exasperating when Stude owners, or owner wannabees, won't join the SDC and try to do it the hard way.

Lark Parker
                If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.
                sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Working...
                X