Looking for main bearing cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for main bearing cap

For those who saw my earlier post, they know why I am looking for this.

I need a main bearing cap for the front thrust bearing from a 259.
    If you have a trashed engine, I could use the cap.
    Feel free to send me an email.

thanks

Dell
    59 Silver Hawk
    62 GT Hawk
    Dell
    59 Silver Hawk
    62 GT Hawk

I've got a full-flow block here that COULD be saved with money and elbow grease. It's been laying open in the weather for 8 or 10 years now. I snacthed that thrust bearing cap for you. Price of postage makes it yours!

You realize, of course, that by rights, you need to have the block line bored to accurately fit this cap to it. You might get by with fudging it tho - I know it's been done with success.[}] $8.90 for Priority Mail BTW.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote: $8.90 for Priority Mail BTW.[^]
      Put it in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box and it's only $8.75. Save the man a whopping 15 cents.[]
      I love those free boxes I get from the USPS. Use a FRB, put as much stuff in it as it will physically hold (regardless of the weight) and send it to any of the 50 states for $8.75. WHATTA DEAL!

Correction The FRB is $8.95. So I quess you would save him a nickle by using regular Priority Mail. I dun remember things too good sumtimes.[V][V][V]

Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I shipped 40lbs of transmission parts to Ted Harbit in one of those. Should have seen the look on the face of the clerk at the post office!

BTW, thanks for makin' me check, Jer. It's actually $8.95 according to the USPS website.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I bought an NOS champion engine a few years back- it was steal, with NOS pisotns, etc. It was however, missing the rear main cap. I found another one, but my machine shop could not get it close enough to line (align?) bore. So now I have an NOS conversation piece.[^]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE

I bought an NOS champion engine a few years back- it was steal, with NOS pisotns, etc. It was however, missing the rear main cap. I found another one, but my machine shop could not get it close enough to line (align?) bore. So now I have an NOS conversation piece.[^]
            Is it a 259? Are you willing to part with the front thrust cap? I am trying to find a couple so I have a better chance of finding a fit. I do plan to have it line bored.

Dell
            59 Silver Hawk
            62 GT Hawk
            Dell
            59 Silver Hawk
            62 GT Hawk

Comment

It so happens that it IS (er, was) a 259, but a 289 or a 224 or even a 232 used the exact same part!

I'll be happy to send it to you. BTW, it was saved from an engine that was dismissed as useless junk and was headed for the scrap metal pile some years ago. There was nothing wrong with the engine except that it had set with it's heads off and gotten stuck.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
              X