Duel action fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel action fuel pump?

How do you run the vacuum lines on a 48 Champion? Thanks!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Hi Gary,
    Let's hope you actually have a "dual action" pump instead of a duel action type. Those "duel action" styles are always drawing on one another. It's ugly![V]

For the Dual Action pumps, the vacuum line off the intake manifold is connected to the outlet port of the vacuum pump. The inlet side gets plumbed to the wiper motor.

The vacuum side of the dual action pump only starts to work when engine manifold vacuum drops. Thus it's not straining to pull against the wiper motor line when vacuum's up or the wipers aren't turned on.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Biggs, I don't know which style Pump it is? It has the fuel pump on top and the vacuum pump on the bottom. It is an AirTex 9218. Again Thanks1

Comment

Ahh... I was having a little fun with words, Gary. "Dual" = two of something - as in two pumps incorporated into one unit. Like you have. Also as in "Dual Exhausts"

"Duel" = as when two gentlemen use pistols or swords to settle an argument.[:0][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Biggs! I realized this the second time I read it. I must have been in my serious mode? I always was better at Math than I was English. Have a great Studebaker Day!!! [8D]

Comment

Working...
          X