Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Help identify part—hub spindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle: Help identify part—hub spindle?

Pros

I need to get the part pictured for both left and right side on a 63 GT Hawk. I basically need a whole rebuild of my suspension so ordered the full suspension kit from Stude Intl. but I am not sure this part was included.

Thanks
    Attached Files

It's a spindle. Not usually included in a rebuild kit.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if 1964 Wagonaire spindles would work on your Hawk but I'm going to guess that they might. If so, John's Salvage in Seguin, Texas has one sitting there. If they fit that would be just down the road from you.
      Nick

Comment

Nice—my daughter goes to TLU in Seguin. I will check it out. My car is a disk break car. Anyone know if that makes a difference?
        Last edited by CampbelHawk; 09-13-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

According to 1959-1964 Parts Catalog correct name is "Steering Knuckle". All '63 and '64 Studes with disc brakes use same part. Different PN is shown for vehicles w/o disc brakes.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

The disc brake spindles are machined flat on the backside, Looks like you have one of my brackets. That will fit both disc brake spindles and non disc brake spindles. Replace the needle bearings and the bushing in your spindle, and unless you have other spindle problems you should be good to go. I do recomend to clean out ALL of the 50+ year old grease, in stall new zerk fittings when you do this. Also, I usually push the bushing deeper to the spindle, then go to your favorit hardware store and get a rubber O-Ring to use in place of the cork gasket.
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Yes just figured out this has a turner conversion. Ordered the correct replacement rotors and bearings. Where d o I get
                needle bearings and the bushing in your spindle?

Comment

Working...
                X