Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1947 pickup TIRE & WHEEL specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels: 1947 pickup TIRE & WHEEL specs?

Can somebody please help me find these factory specs? I've googled and googled but still haven't found a good source. Thanks for any help or guidance.

Originally posted by andersong616 View Post
    Can somebody please help me find these factory specs? I've googled and googled but still haven't found a good source. Thanks for any help or guidance.
    If you are talking 1/2 ton, they were 5X5 - 16 inch wheels that were 4.5 inches wide. Stock tires were 6.00X16 but there were a lot of optional sizes, including mud grips, supplied by the factory and local dealers.

As a side note, all Commander car wheels from 1937-1950 will also fit and work. Also, all 1/2 ton truck wheels from 1949 through 1964 will fit. Photo below is a 1937 Commander car wheel that will fit on the truck.

Good luck.

Comment

Mid 50s Olds and Buick will fit. I think the center hole is a little bit bigger so the weight of the wheel is on the bolts, but for light dutyit is ok.

Comment

Working...
      X