Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'53 - '54 Radiator Saddle Orientation? (Was: Picture of "radiator balk")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tabs face towards the engine and the radiator tilts about 10 degrees forward.

Comment

Thanx a lot for the move of my post!
      & the pictures too, & since it's a sedan & I'm such a softy for those I sure wouldn't mind see more photos of the whole car, even if it aint complete, I just can't get enough of them...

But I don't have a clue about what "tabs face" is on the sadle. & the problem at the moment is that the swaybar is so high it "lifts" the sadle's ears 2-3 inches up above the framerails, it used to be 1 inch before & now that gives an angled gap by the doors...
      Come to think of it, this sadle is from a G.T. Hawk, could it be different, like the ears being higher up?
      Last edited by Noxnabaker; 09-23-2019, 11:23 AM.
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

More than likely the tabs on the "C" Saddle, (we call it a yoke here) are located differently than those of a sedan considering that the sedan has a higher section (taller side profile) and hood than does the "C".

When he said "tabs face", I believe he is referring to the fact that the mounting tabs angle to the front of the car (bumper) on the C/K body cars and they angle to the rear (firewall) on the sedan.
        sigpic

Comment

This is the car it's all about:
          (No sedan.)
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02906.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1803909Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02907.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1803910Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02910.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1803911Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02912.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1803912

Comment

This is my 54 sedan in progress, I am priming for painting, doors, fenders, hood and trunk are ready for paint, all the body work is done. I put a second battery in the trunk (some call it boot) to help crank over the V8, I kept it on 6 volts. I just finished the roof it was very rusty and took a lot of sanding, I have two good coats of epoxy primer on it now.

Comment

Commander to boot, thanx, NICE to see!
                The radiator on my -55 sedan don't lean forward like yours, is that original angle?
                That car would be cool to follow...
                Last edited by Noxnabaker; 09-25-2019, 12:44 PM.
                sigpic

Josephine
                Champion V8
                4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                X