Had a Ford 9" made for a Kakf or Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post
    Supposed to say "Lark or Hawk", Edit button won't let me change the title.
    Edit your initial post, then click on "advance," there you can fix the title..

Comment

Jack, Get a 56" wide 9" from Speedway. They run around $600, housing and axles. They are made buy Currie for Speedway, but since Speedway buys so many they can beat Curries prices by 30 or 40%. Especially if you get it from their garage sale or when they offer free shipping and 10% off.

[/URL]

Comment

The Speedway option sounds like the best bet, but if you want an inexpensive rear with disc brakes already installed, try a Ford Explorer 8.8 rear from a Pick N Pull type yard. $100 - $200 depending on where you are and when you buy.
        Also try your local craigslist. And it already has the Stude bolt pattern. I used one under the 37 Coupe. Its a tad wider than I want, but for this car, in this configuration, it works great. If I get really troubled by it, I'll have it narrowed.
        A small, but nice added bonus to the Explorer rear is the flanged U-joint. My drive shaft guy said I only needed about 1/2" take out instead of the often used 1" takeout, due to the clearance of the U-joint cradle. I doubt that the extra 1/2" bite on the output shaft will make any huge difference for this car, but ya never know.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1728923
        Drive shaft got done a couple days ago and installed. And now its back to the front end. I've ordered tubular A arms for the Mustang 2 front. I'm using coil overs like the rear. I decided to forego the airbags for now. First priority is to get it on the road. Fancy stuff later. Maybe.
        sals54

Comment

FWIW, my neighbor got his from ebay store. Quick Performance Racing. Staticz2229.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Working...
          X